Saturday, December 22, 2007

Happy Birthday to Kai!

Well, it's official: Kai is three years old today! All Kai wanted for his birthday was what Thomas the Tank Engine had for his birthday: presents, balloons, silly hats to wear. So, yesterday we had a few of his closest friends over to decorate Gingerbread Graham cracker train stations while they all wore silly birthday hats (the Transformers kind--not Thomas & Friends). Then I borrowed an idea from the Jones' (we gotta keep up with them somehow) by filling our basement with balloons for them to play and romp in. I think they really liked it. After the birthday cake and ice cream we opened all the very thoughtful gifts he received from his friends. He got slippers, cars, cars, trucks, barrel of monkey's game, and a truck puzzle set--all things he already loves to death. I like to think the Mack truck from the CARS movie--the one we got him--is his favorite. You be the judge. Enjoy the accompanying pictures.


2 comments:

Jones said...

happy birthday to Kai!!! he's so cute Holly!!! both your kids are adorable!

thanks for keeping up with us ;) I'm sure we'll be doing the 'balloon room' again one day. so much fun!

Suzanne said...

I didn't know your little boy was only one day older than my little guy! Can you believe how fast they grow up? We're hoping to make it out to Kansas City soon (my bro and sis both live there) and will have to stop by to see you while you're there!