After I finished what turned out to be a great vocal practice session in the music room, I walk out to see Kai sitting at the dining table playing with some toy. As he's idly still playing, he says to me with sincerity but without looking up, "Mom: I love your beautiful voice."
Aw! I was so touched and it absolutely warmed my heart, so I went over and gave him a great big hug. After our hug and as we go back to doing whatever it is we were doing, he adds "but could you not sing so loud? It hurts my ears." Sure, like an opera singer's gonna go for THAT one! Thanks though, Kai. You made my day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love this! And you!!
Hahaha!! Oh the life of an opera singer... The other day I was talking with the stage manager of my current production and she commented what an amazing thing it was what we did- so loud! She still remembered her first time coming to a rehearsal-she was so taken aback at what was happening just a few feet in front of her- how powerful it was- hahaha!!
Keep it up lady friend ;)
Post a Comment