Friday, May 9, 2008

The birthday boy.

Jasper's birthday came and went without fanfare. That was actually my present to him: to not tell anyone that it was his birthday, especially when we went to the ward activity that night. It was tough, but I made it.

We actually spent the day out of the house due to the lack of electricity in the house. There was a big thunderstorm during the night and the power was out from about 2:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. That gave us a good excuse to take Jasper out to lunch at this yummy gourmet soup/salad/sandwich place downtown Kansas City. The kids didn't think it was all that special (PB&J is more their style) but we thought it was out of this world!

We also took a walk around Union Station in search of trains. Kai and Jasper barely missed one as it went under the bridge outside. Aw man! We still had fun. And to make it an official outing, we bought two little bags of chocolate from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Co. for $3. Varick gave us the idea, since he made a B-line for the place when he first saw it. He was so fast that we had to catch up to him. All the the while, the girls behind the counter giggled at how smart he was for finding the candy store. That's m'boy.

Since we didn't have power on Friday, and the Triathlon was Saturday, I whipped up the cake on Sunday (finally!). It was a yellow cake mix with coconut cream pie filling, and cream cheese coconut-pineapple frosting. It's SOOOO yummy! I'm just glad Jasper liked my creation.

Speaking of Creation: we just got Jasper his free Cold Stone Creation tonight. It's like the birthday celebration that never ends!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hey Holly, I saw you wrote on my facebook page. I really don't do facebook but I do blog so I thought I'd say hello via a comment. Residency is AWESOME! So glad to be done with med school. Where are you guys going? Maybe I'll just have to read more of your blog! Keep in touch! It was great to hear from you!