Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Settling In

I've discovered how nice it was to have a few extra days with Jasper around to help set things up in the house, now that he's NOT HERE! The few weekends we've been here have all been filled up doing stuff for the house. After shopping for a couch last Saturday--ALL day Saturday--and spending time with a tired husband that way, we both decided that it would be just fine if I went ahead find and purchase the couch myself. That and I still have to get the vehicles licensed and registered in the next couple days.

The frustrating thing is, that we found the perfect couches to get, but they didn't offer the protection against punctures to their fabric couches only to their leather couches. Bummer: back to the drawing board. Ach! It slays me--they would have been PERFECT! Did I mention how in love with these PERFECT couches I was?!

Yeah, and settling in is harder to do when you're still waiting to hear from the moving people to get back to you about your damaged goods. And we still have some pieces of furniture to refinish before setting things up. Oh, and then there's the idea I had of switching the boys into the larger of the two remaining rooms, so we can cram all three of them in there once Eman's on his own. That's another fun project that I can't do until the room's painted... Soooooo in other words things are at a bit of a stand-still around here. I guess I could patch up the brand new Restoration Hardware sheets Kai decided he needed to cut to shreds. Maybe I'll I be settled after I sprout a couple more arms or manage to duplicate myself. That ought to do it!

And so I blog in the meantime. I think I just blogged my to-do list, however. How fun is THAT folks! lol I'm such a nerd, but then, if you're reading this, you probably already know that! ;)

3 comments:

Jones said...

knew it and love it! NERD!

Aby Runyan said...

Are your puncture worries really so great that you would pass up the "perfect couch" because of them? What goes on in your house?? We've had our couches for a few years now, and they have endured three small children with nary a puncture to speak of. I never even thought about that as something I should be worried about!

luvs, aby

Holly said...

Yes Aby, Kai has taken scissors to my couch twice (and he KNOWS he's not supposed to). He also recently cut up the sheets I just bought for their room. So, yes, my puncture worries are warranted. I'm just glad you've never had to worry about that (knock on wood!)!