I'd send out pics of our house by now in any other place, but our house is in such a state. It is taking FOR EV ER (said with a "Sandlot" emphasis) to get settled in. It's SOOOOOo starting to mess with my head. Like the feng shui in my living room? It's so "off." I guess getting couches in there would be a nice start. At least I threw some pictures on the wall. But even that wasn't carefully thought out. It's not permanent, it was more to get them out of reach of our three boys. (Yes even Eman was starting to get to them on the floor!)
Here's my personal favorite thing: buying a nice home to live in. It seemed like a fine idea to start. Jasper and I are rather neat people that like to take good care of our material possessions. Not like we're obsessed with them, we just don't like to buy new stuff all the time. We'd rather take good care of the old stuff we have. But we have two VERY active little boys that haven't quite learned that principle. Our railing in the loft area already has pen markings and lovely dents/scratches in them. Jasper and I certainly didn't put them there. Now I'm wondering: the people who lived here before had two boys. Their boys would have been roughly the same ages as my kids are now when they began living here. Are my kids SO tough on homes and furnishings that even the previous boys of this home pale in comparison? Or did they do an overhaul on the house to sell it quickly. *sigh* At least I can kick them out into the very hot backyard and they don't seem to mind as long as they can get re-hydrated periodically.
Taking care of home is a lot of work. We knew this getting into it, but I wonder if there will ever be a time where we're able to catch up. Again, *sigh*. Not to be a complete downer. The house is still surviving in fairly good shape. (Should I knock on wood right about now?) I think I'll just count my blessings and put a lid on it for now.
In other more exciting news, Kai's begun Pre-K at one of the three nearby elementary schools. It's very exciting. He loves his teacher, and I pray she stays his teacher. She's a delight and everything I would want in a Pre-K teacher if I were a kid still!
LOL, he did run a tab at the school's cafeteria for a couple of days there, though. I'm imagining this little preschooler sauntering up to the lunch lady, putting his little elbow on the table she's sitting at, and when asked for payment he says, "Just put it on my tab." And then he very excitedly goes back to being a cute little preschool and gets his cafeteria breakfast.
Here's the story: I packed him a little breakfast each morning to take to school since they eat breakfast first. He doesn't do well if he eats too much first off (high gag reflexes and rushed mornings don't mix well). So, he gets a little bit of cold cereal at home, then a more substantial breakfast at school. Well, being a preschooler, and not being the one who lovingly packed the breakfast, he didn't know he had it with him already, and told the adults that he needed to eat breakfast.
Apparently, the kids can run up a tab up to $10 for their breakfasts, and my kid did just that (well, only $1.80). His little breakfast would come home uneaten, and he'd tell me what he'd had for breakfast. It seemed to match the description of the items on the school menu. The first day I was confused, the second day I put two and two together. Then third day, I took his lunch box out for him, so it couldn't hide in his backpack and be forgotten about. I would have told the teacher, but she was a little preoccupied with 13 little preschoolers. Go figure. ;)
Well, he enjoyed his little experience and for the $1.80 that was accrued, I'd have to say it was worth it to hear him so excited about eating breakfast. Who knows, maybe it'll end up being cheaper to let him eat there. We'll see about that one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know what you mean about taking care of a house. Our new house already has white paint chipping off one of the doors, and scuff marks everywhere on ALL the white doors. Can we say "MAGIC ERASER?" That actually happens to be one of my favorite inventions. I could not live without it! I can't wait to see pics!
Post a Comment