So Eman's birthday came and went without much fanfare, but the celebration of his birth with some of our favorite people here was a fun evening. We didn't do pony rides or anything cool like that, but the bigger kids did get to frost their own cupcakes, and they had fun with the dads in the backyard, and the parents enjoyed visiting and helping me. :) Eman was a sweetheart, as usual. Actually, all of my children were quite good--I'm going to overlook the one moment of bopping a friend on the head as an oversight.
I got several comments from guests wondering what the heck I was arranging the cupcakes into. It was a while before people came around to the other side of it--and the addition of more frosting--to see that OF COURSE it was a bunny. (Okay, so it was a little impressionistic-looking, I'll admit it.) It was for Eman, the snuggle bunny. Cute. I know.

Making a cupcake creation is a tradition for our kids' first birthdays. Kai's was a catarpillar, Varick's a car, and Eman's was a bunny. They each get to pick their cupcake and do with it as they please. And I LOVE seeing the different ways there are for a one year old to eat a cupcake. This boy just picked it up with both hands and put his open mouth on it, like so. What a goofball.
And here's Kai's really cool jelly fish cupcake that he decorated. So fun!
Thanks to all our friends and family for birthday well wishes for Eman. He doesn't know what's going on, but he does know that he's loved. We love you all!
3 comments:
Cute cupcake cake!!! I love it.
Kai looks so grown up in the " Jellyfish cupcake" picture.
love the photos ... and of course you guys (&gal) JimMM
Love these pictures of your boys!
Post a Comment