Seriously! I felt loved and appreciated and just enjoyed being a mom. I gave Jasper a clue that I needed to be reminded that I'm an "eight cow wife" and that tokens and gestures to show that would be greatly appreciated. We don't usually go out and buy each other a bunch o' stuff, but this year we indulged Mommy a bit.
First, when the new bathing suit I wanted went on sale AGAIN I texted Jasper to ask if the dollar amount it would cost to buy the suit was in line with how much he loved me. Phew. It was! ;) I'm so excited though. It's not something I would have normally gotten for myself and I've been exercising so the one I just got last year doesn't fit right anymore--a good thing--but normally I'd just suck it up. So thanks Jasper.
Then I got flowers and Costco muffins Sunday morning. Yay. I got to be a good mom at church with the help of wonderful helpful hands at church, Jasper's included. I played a lot with the boys, and the boys got me some really thoughtful gifts: a My Little Pony (from Varick since he said I like ponies), and Chutes and Ladders (from Kai because he says I like to play games with them), plus Jasper helped them pick a bag of Ghiradelli chocolate squares (something that can be eaten over a long period of time.). If you know me, I've always had a fondness for horses and MLP's worked well enough in place of the real deal as a kid. I just about cried I was so touched by how thoughtful my little ones were. That and their cute cards and the little gift Kai made at school---and the special mother's day nap and not making dinner and not cleaning up and talking to my moms--all added up to one splendid little Mother's day. The best one EVER.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear friend. I'm glad you're back to blogging. Hooray!!
Secondly, Kai is GINORMOUS. How is is that you ahve a child that big?? I only left you a couple of years ago... What happened??!!?!
Great. Now I feel old. Hope you're happy. ;)
And I love your face. Where are you these days?? My little sister Jess is in Kansas City this summer and I thought of you... But I am channeling the impression that you're in Texas or someplace now??
Tell me more. And I love your face.
Post a Comment