So I now know how Eman's high chair must feel after a meal with him in command. I don't think it gets quite the affection that I got (i.e. looking up at me to see if he's being cute enough), but I did get a bit of chicken, water, and tortilla schmeared on me. Oh, and let's not forget the ever endearing gag-barf from drinking too fast. I have to say though, I did thoroughly enjoy watching him hold and stab his food with his right hand and shovel food into his little mouth with the other hand. The kid might turn out to be ambidextrous as a result!
And can I just say that I worked like a MOM today? I didn't stop all day, and oddly enough, I was okay--neck ache and all. The neck ache must have been from me shoveling in the back yard first thing this morning. I dunno, just maybe. I'm putting in a mulch-y area around our mature trees to 1) make it consistent with the other landscaping that I didn't have to create (huge sigh of relief!) 2) make it so it doesn't feel impotent for not being able to grow lush grass in that area, and 3) make it easier to mow and weed whack when that needs to be taken care of. I'm digging a trench to make a brick border. At first I thought this task was going to be outsourced to Jasper, but apparently he's busy. That's odd. (Note irony in that statement).
I'm already getting the boys into a groove and being a consistent mom... again. I feel so much better when I'm consistent. How odd that those books I read about parenting have something to them. Maybe that's why people buy them... Naw.
And can I just say that the older my kids get (and the older I get) the more fun it is to be a parent? I'm sort of getting the hang of this (I'm sorry self if I just jinxed you) and even though my job is a tough one, it's the job I KNOW I'm best qualified for. Any other job for hire is a break for me from my regular job of mother and personal secretary.
Okay, my head really hurts now and I've been promised a neck massage so I'm going now. Jasper rocks. The End.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Every time I read a parenting book, it makes me happy to know I'm not the only one in that situation. It's like a support group, even if I get nothing else out of it. Hope you're having a great day!
Post a Comment