Is this thing on? Woah. It's been a while, I must say. So here's an update from our little world of happiness.
Kai started Kindergarten this fall, and being the non-trigger happy mother that I am, took no pictures. Sigh. Oh well. He's doing a dual language program where he's speaking Spanish for 90% of his school day. He loves it. He even ASKED for it. What a smart little "sponge", absorbing everything that he can. He's still taking piano from me, ahem, I mean Ms. Holly. He's also interested in doing dance and karate. That's good since Jasper felt he needed to share with me that a boy got beat up for being a cheerleader at his school. Karate is now a must for my son. Oh, and he says he wants to learn to make potions--not really sure where that one came from.
Varick has begun Joy School. He's been waiting to start that ever since he tagged along during the lessons I taught to Kai and his friends two years ago. He's the only boy in the group, and really couldn't care less. He fits right in as his favorite color is pink--or is it purple today. He does tend to let the girls play with the dolls while he looks for all the boy toys at his friends' houses. He thinks he's taking piano lessons, too. They last about five minutes, tops. I'm just gonna roll with it though.
Eman's talking up a storm. We learned that he knows how to say "color" by saying "cowo"-- a new generation of translating toddlerese has begun. He loves people, although has begun playing coy. It still elicits the desired responce from the ladies, though. "Oh, he's so cute!" He climbs like a monkey on everything--me, the counter tops, his brothers, his friends, the table. He'll sit on the counter sometimes so that he can get a "spoo" from the utensils drawer. He loves to play pretend. He's starting to get the whole play-time thing. It's cute.
I've been busy getting the Joy School group going. We've got 9 kids and 8 moms to take care of. It's been a challenge, but a worth while endeavor. I think we're on a roll with that now. I'm still preparing things for our Stakes production of "Savior of the World: His Resurrection" doing the musical aspects for that show. It's also a challenge, but also worthwhile. Thankfully we have a team set up, and it's no longer just be and the artistic director doing everything. Yay!
Did I mention I'm taking voice lessons again? I found a gal out here that is helping me piece together everything that I've learned in the past, plus a few extra concepts I've been missing out on. It's coming together quite nicely. I might even try for the Met auditions next year--not this year, though. Missed the deadline for that, apparently. That's okay. Although, I realized, I might be pregnant by next year... That'd be sweet to sing for that being five months pregnant--and win! (Ha, like I'd win, but it WOULD be a funny image!)
Oh, and the reason I can take lessons is because I'm earning some extra money teaching voice and piano what remaining spare time I have. It's fun. I love it way too much! Woo hoo!
Jasper is: busy. Surprised? I think not. In addition to being a Senior resident (only two more years left!), he's been working with the Young Men at church, and will be helping them with Scouting as well. I'm excited for him. He loves working with the Young Men, and helping them along their teenage way to greatness. He needs to rock climb more, though. I think that might be in our future, to go rock climbing again. Hey, if he can ever get his schedule to work out right, he can take the Scouts climbing too!
Well, that's it for now. Until next time, y'all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment