I have to remind myself of how boring my life would be without kids, Varick in particular. He's s good kid, this Varick boy, but he's spunky, too!
For those of you who don't "do" Facebook, allow me to illustrate by sharing a couple of recent status posts I made:
"You think you're job is hard? Try to keep a straight face and tell your son that putting tomatoes in his underpants is yucky and that he shouldn't do that anymore as he keeps pulling out grape tomato after grape tomato... Now THAT'S difficult!" August 11, 2010 -- I couldn't keep a straight face,by the way. I ended up turning the other way to silently chuckle and wash all 7 grape tomatoes from our garden. He was trying to find a safe place for them to keep the away from the baby. I'm not really sure how the baby found them in the first place...
"Happiness is watching your three year old son using the sprinkler outside as a bidet." August 4, 2010 --Jasper was outside watering the lawn, and turns around to go do something else. While his back is turned, the kid takes off his underwear and enjoys a nice spritz from the little area sprinkler. Hey, at least we knew he was well bathed for the night.
Yes, these are both referring to Varick. That boy! He'd live in a loin cloth if I'd only let him. I think that'd be more his style. He seriously cracks us up with the funny three year old things he says--none of which I can remember when I'm actually trying to write them, but it has to be said, he lights up our lives.
Oo! Oo! Wait! I remembered one: while we were at home in the Desert--in the month of JULY--my mom noticed how hot and sweaty he was. She said, "Varick, you look hot." To which Varick replied, "Thanks." She cracked up. Yup! That's m'boy. ;)
Varick: this post's for you, buddy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment