Saturday, April 5, 2008

House of Health once again


Dude~ I've been surround by a bunch of sick-o's lately! Last Thursday (March 27) our dear friends the Lims took us out to dinner. That was the last thing I remember... the last week or so has beena blur of taking care of a sick husband and sick kiddos. Jasper came down with the flu with an upper respiratory infection, too. Then the boys got the same thing, only, thankfully, it was a much milder form of it. PHEW! It lasted at least three day with the chills and fever for each person, plus the few more days it took for them to get to feeling like a human being again. I decided to be a healthy person during all this. I did a lot of hand washing, vitamin C drinking, and Zicam taking, and making sure I got enough rest in between kids in the bed. Can you imagine all four of us being that sick at the same time for that long Yikes!

We were SOOOOO grateful for the fabulous weekend weather for the kids and Jasper to get out in, and to sell our stuff in the Townhouse neighborhood sale. We sold one of our couches, and a bunch of other little things. But that added up to more money than we had earlier in the day. Everything that didn't sell got taken to Goodwill. It sure wasn't going back in the house! I even split the money from toys and books between Varick and Kai. It'll be enough for them to add to their piggy banks and pay tithing on it. You can never be to young to learn how to give back!

We got out as a family on a bike ride before the sun went down, and before Jasper had to leave for the Priesthood session of General Conference for Church. The kids always love getting out of doors. Jasper got the most bang for his buck going up the hill to the local high school with carrying the kids in the trailer and all. GOOOOOOO Jasper (said in a very cheerleader-y sort of way)! I realized I need to learn how to cycle more efficiently if I'm going to go any faster on this years triathlon come may. Jasper's always giving me helpful hints along the way and they totally make a difference. It helps to have someone on hand who knows what he's doing!

I have so much to say since I've last made a posting!

For instance: we've sent in a rental application for a condo in Washington! It'd be perfect for our needs so far as we can tell, and it's in a great neighborhood. There isn't a bad place in that whole town! It'll be nice not to have to hurry and buy a house before we move out there, and really scope out the houses in the area so that "when" (my positive thinking at work) we get accepted into the ENT program at Ft. Lewis we'll know what we're doing, and it'll be a lot less stressful. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Lindy Rae said...

I'm glad you're all healthy again! It sucks to be sick!

We missed you tonight at the little "reunion" at the Creamery on 9th. Cami, Kari and I were talking about how we should have taken a web cam, and hooked you in to the little party.

It was fun to see some of the U-hall girls too.

When do you move?

Jones said...

you're SUPER MOM Holly!! GOOOO Holly! (said in a very high pitched valley girl cheerleader kind of way) seriously, that stinks having everybody so sick. I'm glad all are feeling better!

Oh gosh, I can't tell you how cool it was to see the pictures of the boys. What CUTIES!!!

It's funny cause just today (actually about 2 hours ago) Rocky and I were reminiscing about the good old Wyview days and our good friends ...the Jasper's. (don't ask me why Rocky feels the need to call your family by Jaspers first name. weird I know). but I was telling him how you don't update too often and rarely with pictures...and VOILA, here I see entries and pictures!!

yours kids are seriously cute!

Bonnie Wayne said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

I love the bathtub pics!