Saturday, April 12, 2008

Joyful moments

So cute: so the boys have been really sweet to each other at random times throughout the week. Let's start with my favorite.







April 11th. We were all sitting on the couch watching "The King and I" (which Kai loved by the way--you should have seen his dancin' moves), Varick was still waking up from his afternoon nap, and I'm snuggling Varick. Then, Varick's done with me, and heads over to Kai to give him a hug and Kai's totally okay with this as he continues to watch his movie over Varick's shoulder. When I realized Varick wasn't going anywhere I RAN up the stairs to get the camera, and thankfully they were as I'd left them. IT WAS SO STINKIN' CUTE! I love my kids. (That's totally one of the "joys"s mentioned in last weekends General Conference talks!)

Then, earlier today, Kai hit Varick for whatever reason--do we ever understand why he does that?--and we told him to go sit on a time out. And even as he's sitting on the timeout, Varick wants to play with him--he's already forgotten the offense. I love their short term memories. We also try to get Kai to be the one who consoles Varick when he's the one doing the damage, and now that Varick will let him hug him, it's really sweet to see them being nice to each other.

In case you haven't noticed, Varick likes to be with big brother Kai, and loves to imitate what big brother does. So when Kai says his prayers kneeling by his bedside so does Varick. It's the only way he'll pray is next to Kai. Again, I love my kids!

Jasper and I have been trying to create more of said "joyful" moments by doing random things when we have the time, and just being silly a little more (not that we're never silly with our kids--like that's possible) even if it is bedtime. Here's Jasper and the boys flying kites (on a VERY chilly April 11th), and me and the boys havin' a partay at Varick's "crib." (April 7)


3 comments:

Jones said...

the picture of Varick hugging Kai just melts my heart! I wish my kids loved each other enough to do that! lol

oh gosh, you in the crib, I used to do that with Maddy! so fun!

Holly said...

Aren't they precious. My heart was melted too, of course. I'm sure your kiddos love each other tons-maybe they just show each other in different ways.
I'm tellin' you we have a blast. Jasper was looking at me, like "what are you doing in there?"

Bonnie Wayne said...

I LOVE the one of the boys hugging each other - TOTALLY heart string picture!