Monday, August 11, 2008

All you need is love TAG!

I think that everybody needs to feel like they are loved. I've been so miserable lately (thanks for the note you sent, Emily, it's just what I needed that day), so I am doing this tag I got from a friends blog.
Here are the rules:

1. As a comment on my blog, leave a memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you know me a little or a lot, anything you remember! If we're only blogging friends, write about a post that is most memorable. If you don't have a blog and don't know how to sign in, please comment as anonymous.

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses.

3. If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all ☺ Okay, let's see what you've got!

5 comments:

Jones said...

it was summer, I think July and we both wanted to be preggers. Our ward had a campout and the two of us kept stealing everybody's babies insisting we needed their good vibes!

hmmmm, I don't know if I ever told you this one, but it always sticks out in my memory: One day at choir practice (at your house) you were standing in front of us all (squished people in your house) directing us. I happened to look over and watched Jasper, watching you. You were pregnant at the time and he just kept looking at you with such adoration and love. you could see his joy just radiating! It was one of the sweetest looks I've enjoyed seeing a hubby give his wife ...in which case you were oblivious, just intent on getting us to sing the song! lol

I loved all our dinners together, the rocky climbing escapade and I can't tell you how glad I am that you blog now!

I LOVE seeing your beautiful family grow. and I hope any pregnancy yuckiness will go away quickly!!

oh wait and I'll NEVER forget when you sang 'O Holy Night' at my house and the windows actually shook...it was AMAZING and I've never been pleased with anyones version since then. Whenever someone attempts at Christmas time at Church I ALWAYS say, nope, sorry, I need Holly, now SHE can sing it!!

you're awesome girl!

Aby Runyan said...

I just am now getting caught up on my blog reading - you wouldn't think you miss too much in just a couple of weeks but you DO!
Ok, so I looked at your picture. Now mind you that this is a "baby reading" from a picture and not getting to see you in real life. But my guess is going to be. . . girl. I don't guess this out of wishful thinking, it is solely based on the way you look.
I can't wait to find out if I'm right!
Now for a memory, I'm gonna have to go with shoes. Ok, this sounds shallow but it's totally not. You have great shoes and are my shoe guru. I always would check out what was south of your ankles and was always impressed.
luvs, aby

Bonnie Wayne said...

Isn't it fun to figure out the phases of kids? Sign language can help when the kids want to express themselves but don't know how to articulate everything. Good luck. I am excited for you guys to have #3. I LOVE having 3. The kids love it too.

The Matthews said...

Hey Holly,
Now that the kids are in school I have a little time to catch up... and I've chosen to use my time wisely, reading your blog page! I saw this post and I had to tell you that I will never forget the time Mitch, Jordan, your (crazy no sense of direction) friend, and you and I all went to Majic Mountain. We laughed so much (mostly at Mitch)and had such a great time. Whenever I think of you I always go back to the great time we had there! By the way I still laugh at Mitch everyday, sometime he knows it sometimes he has no clue! I wish I would have written down all the things he said that day, I can't remember any of them I just remember all of us laughing so hard. And another thing it's so great to be able to look back at us growing up and then look at us now, I only wish you could be closer :( Don't forget to call me so we can get together when you are down in your home town.

Holly said...

Jess- what great memories! You get extra credit for sharing so many! I don't think I ever recall you telling me about the Jasper staring at me moment. That made me happy to read now. Tender.
Aby-I think about you when I see cute purses. You are my purse guru, and it's so not shallow either. Although you've definitely swung my vote to girl with your prediction. We shall see...
Bonnie-it's only fun after you've figured out your kids phase. Well, perhaps I could enjoy the figurin out a little more.
Jen-I actually have some of those quotes in my journal. They even hung on my dorm room wall my Sophomore year in college. "We're not going TO Sacramento, we're going TOWARD Sacramento." And his response to the bums "You wanna drink?" "No way man, I'm 16." It's more in the delivery of the lines than anything, but you remember the essence...