Monday, August 4, 2008

The Bachelorette


So you know what I do on nights when Jasper is gone to work overnight? I do crazy stuff, kids! Like laundry? Woot woo! It's hecka fun. Taking my kids to the park to exhaust every last morsel of energy? Oh yeah. And watching old episodes of the office? I love having adult company after a day with the kiddos!

Anywho, just thought I let all you hard core bloggers out there that I'm feeling a lot better these days. I even made it through a Sunday in Nursery, our new calling. Love those Sea bands.

Hey, does anyone know what to do about whinny kids? I've tried consoling him, telling him to chill out, or snap out of it. I've tried putting him on his bed until he can calm down and use his words. I've tried giving him tips to cope with and deal with whatever it is that's bothering him. Is it a phase? Please tell me it's a phase!!!! I've gotta get this one figured out before I have to deal with a third blessed child.

And Jessica, I totally hear you on the screeching child thing. We're still working on that one, too. Mostly I just tell him there's no yelling or screaming in the house show how to do an inside scream, or send him to his bed until he can be use his nice words (even though he doesn't really have that many "words" yet). Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, but mostly I'm an inconsistent mother. Tell me, what do you do?

Oh, and that's my picture of me pregnant Aby. You'll have to tell what you think, okay? Alright, it's late. Toodles.

5 comments:

Elizabeth Marinos said...

Hooly,
It is great to hear all about your life! I love that you are an inconsistent mother just like me. Congratulations on another pregnancy...and where do you get those braclets you talk about. I am not pregnant right now, but I get lots of morning sickness when I am.
Congratulations to the Doctor too! That is awesome! So, a random question for Jasper, do you treat your family when they are ill, or do you prefer to have them go to a different doctor?
Another thing...way to go on the triathalons. What level did you do? olympic, sprint, or Ironman?
well, I miss your guts when I see all your pictures!
I have a blog too, so visit.
christianandelizabeth.blogspot.com

love you guys.

Lori said...

Conratulations! I'm glad you guys are doing so well!

The Matthews said...

Holly,
How are you?? Congrats on your new pregnancy that's so exciting!! My sister just set up a blog and I found you from someone else's blog I can't remember who! Anyhow I just wanted to say congrats and that it was great to see all that has been going on in your life. We miss you!! Drop me a line sometime my email is Jen.Matthews@live.com original huh?

Kimberly said...

Hey Holly, I've been completely out of blogging the past couple months! So, here's my late "Congratulations" on being pregnant. I'm excited for you guys. We miss seeing you guys here now that we're back- it's wierd to realize that so many people are gone. Good luck with being pregnant and say "hello" to Jasper from us.

emily and adrian said...

I have zero tolerance for whining. I tell JuJu that Mommy doesn't know how to talk to whiners...and then ignore. It's hard though, Adrian is much better at ignoring. I don't know a kid who hasn't gone through this phase.
I hope you are feeling well, with the bun in the oven....when do you find out the sex?