Well, folks, we're sending out to the cosmos that Jasper wants to do Anesthesia! And that he wants to match into the program at Walter Reid Army Hospital in this years match. Many of you already know that he originally wanted ENT (ear, nose, throat) but was getting a sinking feeling about it a few months later. Now that he knows more about his new desired profession, and is actually rotating in it for the very first time, he's confident that he's found the right place for him and his family.
Oh, and speaking of sending it out to the cosmos, my mom gave me a book about a year ago called Remembering Wholeness and it was only a few days ago that I started reading, and yet I can't put it down. I read a little in the morning after breakfast and scriptures, or squeeze in some reading before bed, too. It's not a novel, so no drama to read about, but it sure is leading me to reduce the amount of drama in my life. That speaks volumes since I'm pregnant and felt very emotional up until I started reading this book and applying the principles taught in it to my life. Anyway, it's a wonderful book and I highly recommend it to those who are read to make changes for the better in their life.
Kai did the cutest thing yesterday: while I was reading in my bedroom, he had gone into the office and gotten Jasper's little mini set of scriptures down off the top of the bookcase. After a bit of "reading" on his own, he comes into my bedroom and invites me to join him in scriptures. How could I resist? So he joins me on the bed, and we had Varick sit with us too. Then we sand a song (what Jasper and I usually do to get their attention before scriptures) and Kai "read" to us from his little scriptures. If that's not cute enough, then get this: once he finishes he closes the book, and asks us, "Now, what did we learn from this today?" --just like Jasper does after we read the scriptures! THEY DO LISTEN! They ARE learning something from our family scripture study! It's so nice to see the beginning fruits of our labors. I'm sure there will be more "fruit" to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that story of Kai and the scriptures is SO SO cute!! I remember when Maddy started Sunbeams at the beginning of the year she came home and told me "I don't have any scriptures. You should get me some, so I can read them." ...um honey, maybe you should learn to READ first? lol!
but I love those moments where you 'see'/'hear' that they're really listening to what you say!
it IS encouraging to see that from your kids with stuff like that. I love it when our kids fihjt about which scrioture story to read - I inwardly crack up. It was abinadai pretty much everyday during the summer....
and good luck jasper with anesthsia - I have heard the lack of overhead is great !
Post a Comment