Well we had a great time together up at Mt. Reinier this past weekend (September 13) so we just had to share the fun.
We enjoyed lunch at a view point just before Sunrise. Then we made it up a hike called "The First Burroughs" which was about 5 miles or so. It had some good ascents during it. Kai walked up the first incline, while Varick rode in the kiddie backpack, and Varick walked up the second big climb, while Kai took a well deserved break in the backpack.
There's Varick asleep on my shoulders towards the end of the hike.
At the end of the day we were all pooped, but happy. We found a camp site and used it to reheat our tinfoil dinners from the previous night at home. Can I just say it's so much faster to reheat that than to cook it! It was probably five minutes or less on each side over the fire, and we were ready to dig in! Sorry, but we didn't get any pictures of our boys' first s'mores encounter. It would be a little too messy for the camera. :)
5 comments:
Oh my, two adorable boys. I just want to squeese 'em and hug 'em. Was that a picture of Varick walking backwards up the hill into a tree? He has grown so much that he does not look like the baby we last saw in January. I've got to come for a visit. Time is so...Oh, It's just going by too fast! They will be teenagers before I know it.
**smooches**
Mimi
Looks like a fun filled day. Bravo to a pregnant you! I think you deserve the kiddie backpack, haha. Love the new blog page. Christina
It's been awhile since I've checked your blog, and it's fun to see those two little boys having such a great time! And I'm so glad you're continuing to work on your voice. Do I understand that you'll be moving to the East Coast for Jasper's training in anesthesiology?? Oh, fun! I think of you often. Hugs, Jane
How fun- I think we're going to have to come visit. I hope you guys are doing well. Probably better than us since you can actually see some mountains :)
Christina--So wait, you think I deserve to RIDE in the kiddie backpack or I've been bad so I deserve to CARRY the kiddie backpack? (How did you know I've been up to no good lately, by the way? JUUUUST kidding!)
And yes our desire is to move to the East Coast to finish up Jasper's training. Wouldn't that be nice for a singin gal like me? I think of you often too, Jane.
Post a Comment