Thursday, September 4, 2008

Busy, busy, busy...

Wow! People call it being a stay at home mom, but that is far from the truth these days. The only day we've stayed home this week was Tuesday when Varick was trowing up for a few hours that morning. Fun. That was supposed to be Kai's first day of Joy School preschool, but Wednesday ended up being that day. It's a home based co-op and so he didn't even notice that it was "school". He's like, "This is great fun at my friends house, Mom. I'll see you later." That gave me enough time to go grocery shopping with only one kid--so easy, pack a lunch, and gather things to prepare to teach piano lessons that afternoon. I get to teach at their homes, so that means being out and about a little more, too.

I didn't even mention Monday's shopping spree. I got Kai a bunch of 4T clothes, and shoes that fit him. I finally bought myself a pair of CUTE pajamas with CUTE sweatshirts. I feel pretty again! Even Jasper thought one pair of floral PJ bottom's were "so cute." His words, not mine. And I bought myself a new purse for the first time in... um, 10 years? I did get one for my birthday a year and a half ago, but it's thrashed now. Anywho-this is pretty big stuff my friends!

Then there was today. I rescheduled my Tuesday voice lesson for today (Thursday) and dropped Kai off with a friend while I took Varick with me to Seattle. It's a good thing I had a passenger, cause I hit some traffic and the carpool lane sure came in handy, even at 11 AM! Can you believe it? Sheesh! Add in the trip to the climbing gym and it's a wonder I've kept my house at least tidy. It's not clean though. It's starting to get to me. I guess there's always tomorrow, right?

The point is that we're alive and happy and well, and BUSY. It's a nice change of pace from our lazy summer days this past month. Oh, and since I don't ever forward jokes via email I thought I'd share these funnies with you on our Blog. Hope you like them.

An excellent court ruling



In Florida, an atheist became incensed over the preparation of Easter and Passover holidays. He decided to contact his lawyer about the discrimination inflicted on atheists by the
constant celebrations afforded to Christians and Jews with all their holidays while atheists had no holiday to celebrate.

The case was brought before a judge. After listening to the long, passionate presentation by the lawyer, the Judge banged his gavel and declared, "Case dismissed!"
The lawyer immediately stood and objected to the ruling and said, "Your Honor, how can you possibly dismiss this case? The Christians have Christmas, Easter and many other observances. Jews have Passover, Yom Kippur and Hanukkah, yet my client and all other atheists have no such holiday!"

The judge leaned forward in his chair and simply said, "Obviously your client to too confused to even know about, much less celebrate his own atheist's holiday!"
The lawyer pompously said, "Your Honor, we are unaware of any such holiday for atheists. Just when might that holiday be, Your Honor?"
The judge said, "Well it comes every year on exactly the same date: April 1st. Since our calendar sets April 1st as "April Fools day," consider that Psalm 14:1 states 'The fool says
in his heart there is noGod.' Thus, in my opinion, if your client says there is no god, then by scripture, he is a fool, and April 1st is his holiday! Now have a good day and get out of my courtroom!"

2 little kids in hospital


Two little kids are in a hospital, lying on stretchers next to each other outside the operating room the first surgeries of the day.
The first kid leans over and asks, 'What are you in here for?'
The second kid says, 'I'm in here to get my tonsils out and I'm a little nervous'
The first kid says, 'You've got nothing to worry about. I had that done when I was four. They put you to sleep, and when you wake up they give you lots of Jell-O and ice cream. It's a breeze.'
The second kid then asks, 'What are you here for?'
The first kid says, 'A circumcision.'
'WHOA!' the second kid replies. 'Good luck buddy. I had that done when I was born. Couldn't walk for a year.'



Evolution


A little girl asked her father: 'How did the human race appear?'
The father answered, 'God made Adam and Eve; they had children; and so was all mankind made.'

Two days later the girl asked her mother the same question. The mother answered, 'Many years ago there were monkeys from which the human race evolved.'

The confused girl returned to her father and said, 'Dad, how is it possible that you told me the human race was created by God, and Mom said they developed from monkeys?'
The father answered, 'Well, Dear, it is very simple. I told you about my side of the family, and your mother told you about hers.'

2 comments:

Jones said...

oh my gosh, those jokes were hilarious!!!!

Bonnie Wayne said...

LOVE the jokes - I am definitely going to pASS those on! And yes - I totally understand about never being at home. I either have that kind of day, or a day that I never leave the house!