Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween and then some







So OBVIOUSLY I have to post something about Halloween. Well, first off, it was raining earlier in the day, and I wondered how that was going to last, since I don't have TV at all, and I hadn't been on the computer that day. It started clearing up that afternoon, even catching glimpses of the sky as the sun set, but still overcast, for sure. THEN came the coolest natural Halloween effect I've ever witnessed: FOG. It was perfectly spooky. Jasper did a pretty good job of capturing it on film, but still, if you weren't here, you were missing out!



We got started early. I was on a quest to find where a friend from the ward lived, as I'd heard it rumored that she'd be giving out homemade cinnamon rolls to the kids' parents she knew. Why that's ME! So we walked the mile and a half up to her place, selectively trick or treating with the boys along the way. I even discovered where another sister in the ward lived along the way. The cinnamon rolls were well worth it. Thanks, Jamie! And they were every bit as wonderful as Kate's. Jasper especially liked that it wasn't the cream cheese frosting on top. I didn't care: it's sugar!

Kai had a hard time getting started but once Jasper gave him the parental nudge to get over it, he had a good time until fatigue set in. Varick was a machine, with a lot of help from Jasper carrying him. He's TOTALLY been walking (with a limp) since last Wednesday, so things are definitely improving, but he's a long way off from running circles around me again. Heh, heh, heh... suckah' Anyway, he even hit up a few extra houses as we walked the mile and a half back home. He was lovin' it.

They had SUPER candy at the houses we visited. I love this neighborhood! One guy was even giving out those emergency glow sticks. You know, the ones that start glowing when you snap them. Kai loved that so much he took it to bed with him, and enjoyed hiding it under the covers that night. :) All that plus it being so safe here with sidewalks and all, I'm lovin' it!




We're stealing an idea from a friend with all that candy they got. They get to pick out all of their favorite candies and put it in a sandwich baggie, then the Great Pumpkin will bring them a surprise when he takes away the remaining candy. Very cool, and less candy in the house... after the "Pumpkin" takes what he or she wants from it first. *wink wink*

Oh and here's the boys at Kai's Halloween party for Joy School. They had a costume parade to start. Aren't those boys so cute???





And here's Jasper and the boys working on carving the pumpkin the night before Halloween. I was just glad we got it done in time!





There's also my meager Halloween decorating on our balcony, and Kai showing his design for the pumpkin. Jasper did a pretty good job of bringing Kai's pumpkin face to life.


I'm also including a prego picture on here. Kate noted that I don't have any on my Facebook account. True. None on here either, so Jasper and I did a photo shoot just now. I hope you like it.

2 comments:

lliven life said...

Love that pumpkin the face was awesome good job Kai! And of course Holly as usual you look like you've got a little ball in the oven

lliven life said...

P.S I get the long tootsie rolls!!!!