Thursday, October 30, 2008

FYI

When I went to repay a baby sitting favor tonight with the kids at my friends house, one of their girls was playing with Varick by dangling his favorite pig keychain around the room. He was following her around by limping on both feet, instead of crawling or knee walking! I'm sitting there saying, "he's walking! He's walking!" and the kids are all looking at me like, "uh, hasn't he been walking for a long time now?" "yeah, just not for the past two weeks!" I'm so excited! He's getting better! YAY

Oh, and I thought I'd let you all know that I've discovered the joys of Craigslist of late. I just got Kai's knight Halloween costume that usually retails for $30 (according to my mom) for $9. AND I just got Kai's Christmas gift of a Thomas the train set that includes Cranky the Crane, a favorite of his. It's still in the box, and should retain for $80, and we settled for $60. It's a way better price than retail, for sure!

Ebay hasn't been givin' me any lovin' yet, but one of these days I might get something off of there that's a more reasonable price. These crazy bidders out there are always jackin' up the price. What's up with that? I'm looking for a NICE sewing machine--not a singer or something from Wal-Mart, a carpet cleaner (like the one Aimee has, not the upright ones), a professional kitchen aid mixer, and stuff like that. Still no luvin....

3 comments:

m and a said...

I'm not sure what your price range is on a sewing machine. The Smart series by Pfaff is fairly reasonable, especially if you watch for sales. I have the 200c it was about $430, retail $600. I just lucked in on a good sale. It's a great machine. Good luck bargain hunting.

Jones said...

dude I totally want a kitchen aid mixer, but their soooo expensive!

craigslist and I are BEST friends!

lliven life said...

Cute costumes such cute Boys
there growing to fast without us
Love Nona