So I'm headed off to an Enrichment cookie exchange, and thought I'd share this recipe with y'all as I head out the door.
ANNNNND I just wanted to let you all know we're alive. I finished the Christmas Carol show the weekend before TG, and was sick on the last day of the show and feel like I'm FINALLY recovered from that one. It wasn't too intense, but it sure did linger. Ugh. I couldn't decide if I was just being a wimp or not. I've decided that I was quite macho and don't car anymore now that I'm feeling better. I was just mad 'cause I thought I was being so good about keeping up my little pregnant, and therefore compromised, immune system (Thank you DanActive), and then I got lazy and look where it landed me. Okay, so it's not that bad, but it still stunk to be a sick-o.
Anywho... here's the recipe:
Cranberry Almond Cookies
Prep: 20 min.
Bake: 9-11 min per batch
1 C butter, softened
¾ C granulated sugar
¾ C firmly packed light brown sugar
½ t. almond extract
2 large eggs
2 ¼ C all-purpose flour
1 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
2 C chopped fresh cranberries
1 C slivered almonds, toasted
Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until cream; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add extract and eggs, beating until blended.
In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt; beating at low speed, gradually add to butter mixture until blended after each addition. Stir cranberries and almonds into batter.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake at 375ยบ for 9-11 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Yield: 3 ½ dozen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment