Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!



This was SO earlier this month, but it needs mentioning: I turned 27 on March 11th. Maybe I'm an adult NOW. I keep thinking that maybe when I turn the next age that I'll feel like I'm an adult then. Maybe it happened this birthday... who knows.

So you wanna know what I did for my birthday celebrations?
WELL, since you asked, I

1) went to Cold Stone Creamery with Jasper--just Jasper--only five days after Eman was born. I got my free birthday ice cream creation with the coupon I had. So good. It was worth every penny.

2) Then, the night before my birthday, Jasper and I (and Eman, this time), went out to dinner at this great local Teriyaki/Sushi place. I got the Bento box containing all my favorites: California rolls, teriyaki, miso soup, tempura veggies, and even this Asian version of a twinkie--far better than it's American cousin. We brought a box home to my mom to say thanks for babysitting the kids, too.

3) On my birthday I received a plethora of greetings via Facebook, and and a few phone calls from the fam. Aw. And I went to rehearsal that night.

4) The day after, I discovered that while I was at rehearsal the boys had made me a card and wrapped my gifts: warm socks with silly horses on it, and crossword puzzle book. We took pictures of the occasion. The boys were so happy to give their gifts.

5) Then the Sunday after, my dear friend Mele came over and brought me dinner. She made Pad Thai (YUM!) and Swimming Rama over a bed of spinach, custard pie, oh, and who can forget those green beans. DELISH!

The birthday girl, and her fabulous friend.


It's my dessert, and it's happy to see me!


6) And my mom made a couple of trips with us to Trophy Cupcakes in Seattle. The name says it all with these cupcakes. They're so good. I loved the Red Velvet, PB&J, Carrot Walnut, Chocolate, and Coconut cupcakes. Oh and the other, more traditional cupcakes were fabu, too! Having these cupcakes definitely counted as my birthday cakes this year.

This was one of those birthdays where the festivities seemed neverending. Thanks everyone!

3 comments:

Stacey B. said...

Yes, you are an ADULT now too! Welcome to the club! Isn't it funny that you have to be older than 27 to finally feel like an adult? It's so not what I expected when I was a kid.
Birthdays are so much fun with kids to celebrate with. I love how a card can mean so much and it truly does mean that much.
I'm thinking I need to visit Seattle now and test out a few gourmet cupcakes...yum. I still haven't made it to Hello Cupcake in Tacoma, which apparently also have fabulous cupcakes. Maybe we should make a run over there sometime?

Holly said...

Oh NO! I didn't want to know about a cupcake place even closer! (Okay, actually I did. When are we going?)

Aby Runyan said...

Happy Birthday Holly! I hardly ever check facebook and so I didn't realize when it was your big day. I can't believe you're only 27, so YOUNG!! Gee whiz. Enjoy it, Jeff and I always say 27 is the best age there is!
luvs, aby