Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Memory of Kai: his first date.

When Kai first tried dried dates, it was love at first bite! We got a big tub of them from Costco-the Hadley's brand, cause they rock and they are from the area in which Jasper and I grew up. This tub would sit in the fridge and we would all help ourselves to them as we desired.

He was about 2 years old and could help himself just as well and Jasper or myself, although I usually wanted him to check with me first. Well, I was teaching piano lessons one afternoon and my student was driven to distraction! I hadn't noticed, but while I wasn't looking Kai had plopped himself down on the couch situated behind where I taught with the ENTIRE tub of dates and was doing an admirable job of polishing them off one at a time. That funny kid. What can I say: he loves dates! This is also the same kid that ate salad and not the empanadas Jasper made a couple nights ago. So funny what kids will and won't eat at these ages!

No comments: