Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Show Must Go On

Too bad it just doesn't go on forever, too. I'm gonna miss everyone. Especially since we're moving before they do another show. :(

But, I did it: with A LOT of help from Jasper and my mom while she was here (and Eman--he's a great baby! Come to think of it, even Kai and Varick were supportive, too!), I was able to perform in Rainier Family Opera's evening of opera scenes from Carmen, La Boheme, and The Tender Land. I had such a great time getting back into the swing of things, in such a great environment. I'll be the first to admit things weren't always perfect, but things went well, and we (the cast members) walked away feeling really good about how things turned out.

I learned a lot, and although I don't know that I'll perform in a show quite so soon after having a baby (a day shy of three weeks), at least I know I can physically do it. Did I ever mention that I love my husband? He was so supportive of this whole thing, and did so much to help thing go smoothly at home. Those aren't the only reasons why Jasper's the best, but they're a good start for today.

Too bad I don't have any pictures...

1 comment:

Cindy said...

You were GREAT! You can do anything Holly!