Well, I feel like I've been leading this secret life of potty training the past week--things have been going so well, I haven't needed to gripe to anyone about it. We started the moment we ran out of diapers following our trip. We got back into town after our vacation to Las Vegas to attend the Bicycle Expo. My dad sells bikes and Jasper and I have always wanted to go there. Plus we got to see his Uncle and Grandma, which is always a treat. Anywho, Varick's been doing great. He's still working on going to the bathroom first thing in the morning, and I have to watch him like a hawk in the mornings and just before bed for #2. He's a sneaky little fellow. It's worth it though. He's ready, and I think I'm ready for him to be ready... I think. It's also worth it to see his little bum covered in Thomas the Tank Engine or any of the Pixar characters he's selected to hide his hindquarters. :)
Kai's still loving school. I wonder if he just likes it for the bus ride, though. I don't know what I'll do if that's the case next year. He'll be walking, and there won't be quite as much to look forward to! Just kidding. He likes school and learning. He's a smart little kid. He's a thinker, this one.
Eman's still a big ham, and a delight to have as a son. He's like Kai when he was a baby: he makes me want to have another one right away. I will, however, hold off so I can ENJOY him as a baby, instead of sleep through it. Tee hee.
Jasper still loves work, but it's still super intense. Like the grilling he went through the other day at work? Long story short: he had to do a Q&A about a case that could have gone a lot better. He handled it commendably though. We miss him already, even if we did just spend the whole week with him last week. The boys kept asking where he was the first couple of days we got back. Varick is going through the "favorite parent" stage, and was missing him the most on Monday. I'm back to being the favorite until the weekend comes, then it will be Jasper's turn. It's all good. They now know Daddy's back at work when they ask me where he is in the mornings.
I auditioned for a solo in a multi-stake production of Handel's Messiah. It went well, but we'll see if they want grapes this year. My friend relayed to me the analogy from our voice teacher that auditioning is like being a fruit vendor. See, you sell grapes. The most wonderful, juicy, amazing grapes. And the people buying fruit may like your grapes, they might even LOVE them, but they're not buying grapes this time. They're buying oranges. And so you go on peddling your grapes to someone else. Maybe next time. Like I said, we'll see if they want my grapes.
The house is getting there. I only took a moment away from my plethora of projects to share this months update. And, if we're lucky and my computer cooperates, I might even attach some pictures...
This is what happens when you hand your toddler a camera to entertain himself:
"Wook, a CASTLE!"
"Wook, it's my shoes!"
Varick says, "Wook, it'sa Mommy car." I don't think that's what that girl is if she's on the strip at Vegas, kid...
Eman, gettin' around.
Varick in his new undies.
No comments:
Post a Comment