Sunday, February 17, 2008

Snow Day

It's been a while since they've had to cancel church due to inclement weather, but they've done it today. It's quite slushy out there. I took Kai over to an impromptu Nursery type thing where they have toys and children's Primary songs playing in the background at his friends house. He was super excited for that. It also means I don't have to lead the choir in a musical number at church. I don't mind conducting at all, but I'm SOOO not a morning person yet and getting to church by 8:30 to sing really didn't appeal to me all that much. So happy Sabbath to you all and to all a good day.

3 comments:

Lindy Rae said...

That's awesome! When I lived in Kansas City - I remember them cancelling church sometimes. Amazingly enough it happened a LOT on Super Bowl Sunday....what a coincidence! :-)

They don't ever have snow days for church in Utah - we could walk there in 5 minutes even in 3 feet of snow. Snow days are awesome.

Holly said...

Yeah, I'm really not used to them, and I don't know that I'll ever have another one again! I've gotta enjoy them while they last!

Bonnie Wayne said...

Wow - that must have been some snow storm. WE had 1/2 snow day at our ward (just sacrament) with 12 inches of snow (back in December). But I must say 8:30 is a much more brutal time. Ours starts at 9:30 - and its seems much more doable!