Need I remind my vain self that this is our FAMILY blog and not HOLLY'S blog. So, here is an entire entry devoted to Jasper the love of my life. (Happy Valentine's Day, love nugget of loveliness.)
(All of this is to be read in a British accent--except the parts in parenthesis.)
Once upon a time there was a medical student named Jasper Mesarch. He lived in the lovely land of the Riverside Townhouses with his beautiful queen Holly and two little princes Kai and Varick. He loved to spend lots of time with his royal family in his royal townhouse/palace.
When he wasn't out slaying the dragons out at clinic and Truman Hospital, he would read lots of different types of books. Some having to do with medicine, some about business, some about finances, about child rearing, about religious studies and about another lovely land called Narnia (No joke. He started reading the first one a few months ago and he's already reading The Last Battle).
Once a week he dons his soccer apparel and drives to the land of Liberty to play at the KC Soccer Dome with his other kingly friends, and enjoys getting thrashed by all the other younger teams. (Okay, so they don't get thrashed, but they've tied a lot.)
In five months time he shall sell his castle to some other fortunate souls and move to the moist and verdant land of Tacoma, Washington. This brings him much joy and happiness, I assure you. He enjoys riding his steed (actually it's a bicycle) in a stationary fashion at Ye Olde YMCA and in our dungeon (basement), and otherwise being physically fit for any upcoming Jousting matches or Triathlons in early May.
Each night as he slumbers, he dreams of his children sleeping through the night and his wife making him breakfast in bed having already exercised with the children dressed and fed...
... and then he realizes it was all just a fairy tale.
(Hey, I gave Jasper the chance to write his own blog entry about what he's been doing but he gave me such a short and boring version of his life right now. Ugh! Who wants to read that???? So, in honor of the movie we saw, "Enchanted", last Saturday night, he gets the royal treatment today. I "heart" you Jasper.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
uh do you really call him your 'love nugget of loveliness?' lol
how was enchanted, I want to see that movie, looks so cute!
oh and by the way, I totally read all that in a British accent, thank you very much!
love it! Can totally see you saying this and hear you in my head reciting this loverly story.
Hey, I found your blog through Candi's blog. Very entertaining. :) I particularly liked the "Love nugget of loveliness" comment. Haaaahaha.
(I never found out if the reflexology worked on you or not. Gosh, that baby is probably not a baby any more, it's been so long since I talked to you last.)
Yes, we really call each other "love nugget of loveliness." it's evolved from very humble beginnings, and Enchanted was totally awesome. We're totally buying it someday!
Post a Comment