Never eat huge amounts of Ranch dressing all by itself. Your mom will likely be upset with you for eating that much Ranch (and for pouring half the Costco sized bottle out onto a dish), and you WILL throw it up within about 20 minutes.
Not to mention any names *cough-Kai-cough* but it's someone who was able to tell me he felt like he was going to "burp." My response: "You mean, barf? Go to the toilet, FAST!"
This reminds me of a similar life rule that my little brother (now married and graduated w/ a BS) learned: Mayonnaise is lovely, just not half an inch thick on a slice of bread. (He thought he'd like it as a sandwich.) I don't think he has put mayo on a sandwich ever since then.
"I just need to feed my cat." Kai's response to me and Jasper when we called him over to us. (FYI we don't have a cat.)
"Ah, that feels lovely." Kai as he warms his hands under the rotisserie chicken heat lamps at the grocery store.
Favorite words Varick says: "He's cute," to Eman.
We were having a little teaching moment about the word of wisdom over dinner tonight, and Kai learned that alcohol was not good for us. Afterwards we played a game, "What's good for you and what's not." Kai caught on quickly and asked us in return, "Is 'a phone call' good for you?" Sounds a lot alcohol, doesn't it?
Holly: Are you a monkey, Varick? Varick: I not a monkey! ...KAI's a monkey.
Jasper: Are you all done with your dinner? Kai: [cups his hand around his ear and waits a moment while listening] My body says it's all full.
After I finished what turned out to be a great vocal practice session at the piano, I walk out of the room to see Kai sitting at the table playing with some toy. As he's idling still playing, he says to me, "Mom: I love your beautiful voice." (AW!) I was so touched and it absolutely warmed my heart, so I went over and gave him a great big hug. After our hug and as we go back to doing whatever it is we were doing, he adds "but could you not sing so loud? It hurts my ears."
Career Highlight
For those of you who don't already know: Holly likes to sing. Below is a link to Holly singing "Danny Boy" for her grandmothers 80th birthday celebration. Below that is a link to Holly singing "Come Unto Him" from Handel's "Messiah".
Famous Mormons and what Mormons believe
For my friends out there who aren't Mormon and are a bit curious here's a cute little ditty about some famous ones and a couple notes about our beliefs.
7 comments:
WOW!!!
Doh!! I bet that was fun! lol.
Thats a good rule to live by. Too bad it was a hard lesson to learn. thanks for sharing.
Oh, man! Poor guy. I am sure he will never do that again!
so who ate the ranch? you? kai? varrick? Eman????? hmmm, I bet it was Jasper. he's a tricky one, better keep your eye on him! ;)
Not to mention any names *cough-Kai-cough* but it's someone who was able to tell me he felt like he was going to "burp." My response: "You mean, barf? Go to the toilet, FAST!"
This reminds me of a similar life rule that my little brother (now married and graduated w/ a BS) learned: Mayonnaise is lovely, just not half an inch thick on a slice of bread. (He thought he'd like it as a sandwich.) I don't think he has put mayo on a sandwich ever since then.
Post a Comment