Thursday, May 14, 2009

To the Rescue!

Okay, if you haven't heard, I bought an inexpensive sewing machine to help me get started on my own doing some sewing again. It's pretty much been since I was 10 years old and made my quilt and culottes that I've really done anything by myself. Yeah, my mom helped a lot with those too, so really this is a big deal. I'm flying solo....

But I digress: I wanted to announce the creation of two very cool black capes that I made for my boys, ALL BY MYSELF. No pattern, nothin 'cept that grey matter between my ears and the spiffy new sewing machine I bought. Kai's so proud of his that he wore it to Joy School today. We're all lovin' it.

Both are a little different: Kai's need to be longer and since I used remnant fabric, it's skinnier height-wise. Varick's could be a little fuller and actually covers his shoulders. It's a good thing he's short than Kai!

So without further ado, here are pictures of my latest creations!

Kai's pinned and ready to be cut and sewn together:


Kai's all finished:


Varick's cape, front and back:

2 comments:

Jones said...

cute! I want to make a cape for Thatcher. Maddy has so much dress up and likes to dress up Thatcher...so, obviously I need to get something boyish in that dress up box!

stormfamily said...

Looks likes you are more than surviving 3 boys...it helps me be more hopeful of our third to come.