Sunday, May 3, 2009

What to do?



Really now, what do I blog about? It's been so long and I could go on forever! I've been spending more time looking at houses online. This is a good thing since we leave, sans the oldest two boys, to find ourselves dream house number one! That's been going well and already I'm seeing a guiding hand in our efforts.

Jasper's 30 as of yesterday. Everyone assumes I must have thrown a big party for him, but realizing this is NOT what he'd want, I took him rock climbing without the oldest two (thanks Rocio and Alex). It was like a honeymoon, it was so nice. Is that why the brethern of my church strongly encourage a weekly date night? Huh. Anywho, we even had enough time to sit down in a nice restaurant and have some GREAT Thai food (thanks for the recommendation, Jo). Is was crazy how much we enjoyed being with each other when we didn't have to parent our kids. *sigh* It also reminded me to chill out as a parent, so that my kids will follow that example and chill out a little more too. It was an ideal day with my favorite person.

He also got to go on a "Mancation" or playdate to his friend Joey's in Boise last weekend. He got to do a TON of climbing there and see his pal that he hadn't seen in 7 years, pretty much since we first got married! I think my hard working husband needed and thoroughly enjoyed the break. He's been so helpful to me: the ideal husband. He puts the kids to bed all the time, he doesn't watch a ton of TV or play video games. He indulges in books about the gospel of Jesus Christ, he loves spending time with his family and kids. He makes gourmet meals all the time for us (especially since Eman's arrival--bless you, my dear husband!). He's extremely supportive of me when it comes to my music and making sure that I am able to devote time to that. He is truly partner. When I am lacking, he fills the needs and I do the same thing for him, or at least try. As mom would say, we are equally yoked. Go team!

Eman is growing SO much every day. (2 mos) He's greatly entertained by the myriad of people has already met. I love provided dear friends with their baby fix. I've also been humbled as I've talked to at least a couple of women who could not bear children and would have liked to, or had difficulty in having the children they are so grateful for. It reminds me to cherish what I have been blessed with: three beautiful, healthy boys whom I am all too happy to have in my life.

Kai and Varick have been won over by the charming ways of Eman too. They love him. Varick will often shower him with kisses, and Kai enjoys holding him with my help quite often. It's good for these active little boys to have these tender moments with our baby. Varick love to say, "He's cute." in his little boy voice. It's one of the few phrases that he says that's entirely inteligable. Way to go, Varick. They love telling him, "It's okay, buddy." when he's crying, and are quick to fetch the pacifier or diaper I need. What great big brothers!

I've been cutting back on sweets. I made it until my birthday in March with no candy, but I've not just limited it to the weekends, and/or accepting small amounts offered to me by others. I've officially de-junk fooded my home, and it's getting easier by the day. I'll have yogurt or dried fruit or a protein shake to get my fix, and that seems to help out a lot. That and already being able to start jogging (slowly) again have helped shed unwanted pregnancy weight. And don't hate me for having said that, you fellow pound-shedders: skinny people have fat feelings, too!

I also bought an inexpensive sewing machine to get me re-started. It came highly recommended by a master of sewing and I can't wait to open the box. I haven't even had time to set it up and give it a go, but I've got a couple things I want to try before we leave. Anyone want to help me learn to sew again? It's been since I was 10 years old and made a quilt and culotte shorts. I might be a bit rusty.

Woah, I've been prattling for quite some time. It's time for me to go catch up on my friends blogs before bed tonight... whenever that will be!

No comments: