Sunday, October 5, 2008

I love to see new temples!!!




I am SOOOO excited for the temple for the Greater Kansas City Area that President Thomas S. Monson announced in the Saturday morning session of conference! I even shed tears of joy! I called my family and friends to see if they'd been listening too, and I was the first to tell them. A couple of them initially thought, "oh that stinks that you just moved from there and now they get a temple," but WHO CARES!!!! There's going to be a temple there, and that means there enough saints in that area for a temple to be necessary. Zion is enlarging her borders and the way is being paved for temples to dot not just the land of this earth, but the land of the New Jerusalem! Huzzah for being able to witness these events unfold, and even play a small role in them! I mean I DID go to the temple as often as I could. I know so many there that will be able to attend the temple more often and I know they will go, since they have been traveling farther distances before that, and THAT means more blessings for them and the people they do work for.

I know it's like that with all the other temples, but this is the first time I've wanted one for a particular area so strongly!!! And it's hit even closer to "home" for me. Even when my parents told me a few years ago that they'd be getting a closer temple, of course I was ecstatic, but I'd been gone for so long, I don't know that it had as great an impact on me. I know their lives have been SOOO blessed from the temple, and so I am SOOO excited for the people there in KC to have greater opportunities for the temple. We love you all and miss you all SOOOO much. (sorry, I'm getting teary again.)

We are so happy for you all, or should I say y'all. Love, Holly and the rest of our growing family.

6 comments:

m and a said...

Yeah for Kansas City. Hi Holly, I heard a while ago you had a blog, I finally had time to find it (not hard, we have common friends). anyhow, congrats on another boy! Hope ou are doing well!

m and a said...

PS, I added you on my blog list.

Holly said...

I'm so glad you found us, Miranda! I've been wondering how you were doing!!!

Kristy said...

Holly! I did not even know you were expecting! this is awesome! Hey - I need your address - we still have a movie of yours :-( Sorry.. So good to hear from you though - I miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Holly!! Congrats!! I didn't know you were expecting either!! That is so exciting! Yes, the news about the temple here is very exciting. I just can't believe it still. I'm glad I get to catch up with you through the blogging world!

Elise said...

Hi Mesarch family! I am so glad that I found your blog. It is such a fun way to keep in touch. Our blog's address is:

http://4crazylakes.blogspot.com/

You have a beautiful family.