Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Update on my littlest "ham"




So last week we had Varick go in for another x-ray, and still no sign of a fracture. He still won't bear weight on it (boy, am I glad this kid is underweight for his age these days!) so we'll have to see an orthopedist one of these days (within a week I think), but at least he's getting around more lately.

Our little spud had his second birthday on last Friday, too! That's the boys enjoying Varick's birthday waffles at the beginning of the post. I know, it's a little dark. He got to have his favorite, pizza, for dinner before heading out with us to Mommy's master class in Bellevue. He got some ice cream from McDonald's (Ew, that stuff is gross. I only had a taste, but yuck!), and the guys thoroughly enjoyed that.

Then on Sunday we got together with auntie Mele to open what presents had arrived.




She gave him some cool Thomas the Train coloring books with stickers and little cardstock paper cut outs. He played hard core with those the next morning. His REAL present from Mom and Dad arrived the Monday afternoon, which we promptly let him dig into and which he loved: building blocks. The sturdy wooden kind. I think Jasper and I love them as much as the boys do. I'm already beginning to think we need MORE! They're so much fun!

Back to the "party": I made the BOMB! buttercream vanilla frosting to go with the devils food cake mix he picked out. I turned the cupcakes into a little ghostie before Mel arrived, and it turned out pretty cute for all the planning and effort I put into it--er, none, sorry.








The boys also showed off their Halloween costumes for auntie Mele, with theatrics and all. Kai is a knight, and Varick is a dragon. They love it.



And now I'm still trying to work on getting pictures on this post. It's after dinner now and I started WAAAAAAAAY before then. Wish me luck.~Update, at 10:52 PM PST--we now have pictures. I don't know what was going on before... anywho...

2 comments:

Kittylitter said...

that is the same costume I saw in the catalog...such a deal you got. It is lovely to see Kai and Varick having so much fun together. And the apartment is nice too, um... first I've seen of it...More pictures please;) M-a-a-a-a-a-a

Bonnie Wayne said...

that last one with the costumes CRACKS me up!!!