Saturday, October 18, 2008

I'm a ham, and my kid is getting attention in his own way

So I've been helping out with a tri-stake production of the musical "Scrooge" doing whatever it is that they need me to do. I wasn't able to get a part since auditions were finished just after we moved here. However since I was playing parts on the piano for the rehearsals until the REAL accompanist was available, I pretty much became the understudy for whatever parts might be necessary, and I now have a part! I'm very excited for this small role because I get to be very silly and use a British accent--Cockney actually. Very fun. I'm one the people that's pawning off Ebeneezer's stuff after he's dead, singing a song about "Balancing the Books." Love it. Of course you should all come and see me in my amazing Tacoma, WA debut, but I'll understand if you don't make it all the way out here. :)

In other news--Varick is wearing a splint on his right leg. Last Wednesday, Jasper was taking the boys down the slide at the park. Kai first, Varick in the middle, Jasper holding them both. I wasn't there, but from what I understand, Varick's leg slipped from off Jasper's leg to get lodged between Jasper's leg and the side of the slide, twisting his little leg/ankle backwards as they went down. OUCH! In fact that's all he said the rest of the afternoon, until he got some medicine for the pain, "owie, owie, owie." He's doing better, but he still needs to see the doctor again next Wednesday to see if the possible fracture on the initial x-ray is in fact a fracture. If it's in the place Jasper thinks it might be, then he'll continue to wear the splint, if not it'll be a cast for a few weeks. At least it's not completely broken!

5 comments:

Aby Runyan said...

Oh I am SOOOO feeling your pain as a mom having this happen to one of your kids. I am so sorry!
And to have it be his leg, how is he getting around? I've felt very grateful that Capri broke her arm instead of her leg, I just don't know how a kids that little deals with it.
All us Runyans hope you feel better really soon Varick!
luvs, aby

Knowles Family said...

Hey, I found you! I'm glad to hear you all (except maybe Varick!) are doing well! Congrats on boy #3!!! What a fun house! I, too, am escited for a temple in KC! It still feels like home to me when I think about what "home" is! We have yet to feel that way in any place we have been since!
Good luck to you all!
Rachel

Stacey B. said...

Poor little sad Varick. Honestly, I almost feel worse for Jasper. He looked so sad that Varick got hurt. Kids are amazing healers though, so I'm sure it will barely phase him.

Elaina said...

I love reading your blog! It's just so refreshing and hilarious! How is the pregnancy coming along? I can't believe that the last time I saw you you had barely had #1 and now you're on #3! Hello! Time flies!

Bonnie Wayne said...

We are crossing our fingers for Varick!!