Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A blog just to blog

So I've had a lot on my mind lately. I'm still super excited about all the possibilities opened up to us by moving to San Antonio: buying a house, gearing up to send a little boy to school there, meeting the friends of friends we've heard that live out there, meeting relatives that we've never met before that live only an hour away, dejunking the house AGAIN, buying a house...

Then we're going to have a third child--not only that our third BOY! I'll be full term Feb 2, and could have a child anytime next month!

Besides that, remember that audition that I had before the holidays? I was offered a role, which is super exciting! It's in the lower part of my range, but still well within it. I suppose that's best since I'm sure my hormones will affect the quality of my voice while they try to get back into a groove. Thank heavens for my teacher Phyllis! She's a vocal saint, and kicks my rear into gear at every lesson. I love her, dearly too!

Then of course there's just trying to be a better mom, wife, friend, daughter, sister, ward member... and any other roles that I take on at this point in my life. I don't know how the overachievers do it! I used to be one of them, but lost it during college at some point. I think that's when I realized I was either burnt out, or going to get burnt out by trying to do everything at once. It's just not meant to be that way, well, not for me at least.

I'm still analyzing the whole miracle that occurred when Jasper was accepted at BAMC. In sharing the experience with others and mulling things over in my mind I am CONTINUALLY learning more and more from the whole experience. Not just over the past months leading up to it, but in year plus a few months that has led us to this point. Then I begin to wonder how being here in WA is going to pan out in the future. Will we come back? I hear it happens a lot, and we'd LOVE to live here a little longer, though I'm not sure this is the place we'd like to settle down forever. I've been able to make a lot of friends, although being pregnant, I feel like I've been a slacker and would like to spend MORE time getting to know others. Nevertheless, I still feel like I've done the very best I can. I guess that's all I can really ask of myself.

So many things to take into consideration in life. The things we are called upon to juggle and balance. There are a million things racing through my head each day when I pray to know what NEEDS to be done. And then sometimes I even push aside some of the promptings I get. Or, forget to do them later. I can't tell you how many friends I think about, and wonder how they're doing, but then go on with my menial tasks I need to perform. *sigh* I guess it all comes back to trying to do everything at once.

Well, now that I've blogged about this, I feel better. Thanks for listening friends. Lemme know if there's anything I can do. I may not make the initiative to ask to you when you need it, but know that the offer for help is there.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I'm glad you have days where you blog just for the heck of it too, instead of always waiting for big events to happen! Sounds like you're in a really good place in life right now, and having some great time to reflect and learn from the blessings :) I know the feeling with not really being able to do the million things that come to mind! I think it helps us establish priorities though, and that's always a good thing :)

Thanks for the blog pretty girl!

Jennie said...

I love you. And I think about you sometimes too. Lots of love!!!!

Kimberly said...

I'm still keeping tabs on you guys. San Antonio and Anesthesia-that's awesome! Tell Jasper congratulations. I work with the Anesthesia docs all day- and I think Jasper will enjoy it. Good luck with everything!