Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's about time...

...for a little update from us to. I've been spending so much time on Facebook and so have a lot more of my friends that it's been usurping any time I used to have for blogging.

Kay, so I'm super excited about several things:

1) my new Cuisinart Kitchen Stand Mixer. I've been putting it to good use already. Can I make bread yet? No. I'm still using up my year old baking yeast that's in the fridge. I keep hoping that it will rise, even though the last time it didn't either.

2) this month has flown by! I've been so busy with other stuff lately, I hardly realized that my due date was only a month away. Although I'm STILL not counting down the days until Feb 2nd since the last two kiddos were 10 and 9 days late.

3) oh, and my mom AND dad (this is amazing folks) are coming to see us during that time! It's been a good four years since my dad's been able to come see us at OUR place. Owning and managing two business seems like a good enough excuse. We're just glad he's able to break away for a bit.

4) I have a voice student now, too! She's oh-so-very teachable and great to work with, even if it's TOTALLY outside her current comfort zone. To all my Vocal Beauty Bootcamp survivors, you know it could be worse! You go girl!

5) I've got bangs again. And I now have a cute pony tail again! I hate looking like a school marm with my hair all pulled back. The best thing about it is that my friend that I visit teach taught me how to do it myself, so now I don't have to complain in between haircuts! So cool! Thanks!

6)I'm finally feeling like I've got things under control from vacation/holiday time. It's only taken me a whole month. I DID do TWO weeks of Joy School in that time, so it make a little more sense. Not that I'm complaining. I'm really glad, cause I knew I'd need to trade with someone for when we needed to go house hunting in May. It's worked out quite well! I was also teaching about order and goal striving--something that I LOVE so that was actually a treat for me, too.:)

Anywho, there's my journal entry for the past week or two, pretty much. I don't think I've written in it for a week now. Speaking of which, getting back on track with journaling and getting a better sleep cycle going for myself are some of my goals so I'm off to get ready for bed at 9:40 PM. Hooray for me!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes I totally look like a school marm with my hair pulled back. Maybe I need bangs???

Unknown said...

K hold on I see the waynes on your bloglist...how do you know Bonnie? She was my roommate at BYU. I love small world things like that.

m and a said...

Cool, I'll have to look you up on facebook! I've had yeast for four years in my freezer, it still works. How many kids do you have in Joy School, I did that with Brenne last year, we had 4! It was a lot of fun.

Holly said...

WHAAAT!!! That's awesome that you know Bonnie! Yeah, she was my fellow music nerd friend in our married student housing ward we were in together! Small world indeed!

Holly said...

We have five boys in our Joy School. It's super fun, but gets a little crazy every once in a while since I have Varick rounding out the numbers to six. Six boys... woah...