Friday, January 25, 2008

Eclipse & the Potty

Well, our book group had a great turn out today. It was my turn to select the book and I chose Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer. We enjoyed blood oranges (they are actually red on the inside, if you've never see them before) and moon shaped cookies (the second book was called New Moon), and sparkling fruit juice (the vampires skin sparkles in direct sunlight--very cool) It was a lot of fun to discuss characterization, the plot thus far, and what's happened in the last two books, and what the possibilities for the last book might be. I also tragically learned about other "outtakes" from the book and other bonus chapters and other projects that Stephenie is working on. I've been reading them the last few hours of this evening instead of working on my attempted budget (how else would I spend my Friday evening? Out? I think not!). I also looked online to see (again) how close I will be to the Forks area where the books take place, once I move to Tacoma this summer. So lame... Just so you know, I'm totally taking a trip down there at least once while I'm there. You're all invited to come with me. It'd be a fun girls getaway--not that I'd know what that's like since I've never had one.

Anywho, I hope you all know that potty training at this point in time is going a lot better than it has in the past. At least we encountered fewer accidents to clean up after. That's largely due to the three hours Kai spent sitting on the potty when I knew he had to go, but wouldn't. We asked someone for new ideas--I'm all fresh out--and that's what they suggested. So there he sat from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. playing, eating, reading, and watching a little "Backyardigans" until that itty bitty bladder was emptied! But he was so proud of himself! And then he pooped his pants 30 minutes later.... *sigh* At least Jasper got to take care of that one! Yay for wonderful helpful husbands! That's not the half of my potty training dilemmas, but I won't bore you with the gross (pun intended) details.

4 comments:

Jones said...

oh how I hated potty training! most of the time I just wanted to go back to diapers cause they were so much easier!!! BUT in the end it's nice having Maddy out of diapers! lol

Hollie said...

I am so there! I think that would be an awesome girls weekend!!!! I attempt to do one once a year. It helps my sanity which is pretty sad because I only have one:)

Good luck with the potty training. Last week we had our first accident. She hates to poop in the big potty. We were at Target and she peed, then about 15 min later she totally pooped in her underwear! I just threw them away and she had to go commando till we got home.

This Is Our Heaven.... said...

I'm so not looking forward to potty training boys. Thats a good idea though!!! BTW, Tag, your it! Read my blog for the details =O)

The McKameys said...

You'll get there! Youcandoit, I believe in your power as a mommy to get Kai to the control his own body stage. Loveya, kate