
Jasper, the boys and I all had a, well, interesting time in Utah for Bracken (Jasper's brother) and Dallyn's wedding January 2nd.
We arrived in Utah on Monday, December 31st--the cheapest day for us to fly in--and stayed with my brother Jordan and his wife Britnie (my little brother has a wife?) in Orem. We had a fun time in Salt Lake that evening while we waited for Jordan's work shift to end. Me, Britnie and her brother Austin went shopping for a few things to pass the time.
By the time we got home, we found out how much"fun" Jasper had taking care of Varick who was throwing up from about 6 PM to 12 AM. Just as Varick was resting peacefully in my arms, and I was beginning to think that this was the beginning of the end for his sickness, a bottle rocket from one of the neighbors came breaking through the front window. I just happened to be sitting there holding Varick at the time. With adrenalin pumping, both Jasper and I stepped outside the front door to let the group know what had happened. We sort of "changed hats" so to speak, from nursemaids to Varick to surrogate parents to the young adults ringing in the new year in the courtyard. I was glad to see that the kids were really good about apologizing to Jordan and Britnie, and took full responsibility for the accident. I like to think it had something to do with our stellar parenting of the situation... just kidding.
Day two of our adventures was very low key. We took the Orem threesome out to lunch. Between the seven of us (Jordan, Britnie, Austin, Jasper, Kai, Varick and me) we split four plates of Cafe Rio food. SO GOOD! Then, our little Mesarch family took a spin around Provo, BYU (for those of you who don't know, they're tearing down Desert Towers), Rock Canyon, and stopped to visit a family friend for a nice trip down memory lane. Besides, that and our little date to Cold Stone--I didn't want to know they made milk shakes!--the day was a pleasantly ordinary day... then...
The morning of Bracken's wedding, Kai started throwing up! He looked like he was fine, so we thought it was merely a fluke, and kept acting as if we were going to make it to the Salt Lake Temple on time. Little did we know that he would be sick that entire day! I sent Jasper off to the ceremony (which was lovely I hear), and did my best to get things together to least make it to the reception later that evening. Despite having many blockades along the way (imagine one woman packing damp laundry from cleaning up after her child, throwing luggage together, getting a ride to Ogden, having a thirsty, sick child on an hour + car trip--good thing we brought a bowl) we were able to be in the family pictures (Kai wore his white button up shirt over his footy pajamas). Phew!
At least we were able to stay with the Mesarch's in their hotel room that was only 15 minutes away from the airport, so we wouldn't have to do so much traveling with sick tired kids, and tired parents. The flight home was fun enough with us leaving super early in the morning (again the cheapest flights we could find). Bless those who were instrumental in helping us throughout this trip! Oh, and did I mention that Britnie and Jordan got sick the same day as Kai, so they were incapacitated as well!
Needless to say we are all glad to be back in our own little home, and enjoy recuperating in comfort! And I never mentioned that in spite of all our wonderful adventure on the wedding day it was all worth it to be there with family to celebrate such a wonderful moment in Bracken and Dallyn's new life together! They are going to be so happy together! I could tell when they smooshed cake in the other's face at the reception. Very funny guys!
3 comments:
Wow, what a crazy trip! Good thing you didn't get the bride and groom sick:)
oh that's horrible you had to deal with the two boys by yourself, but it was so great Jasper got to attend the sealing.
I did hear about Deseret Towers being torn down. I bet it was nice going down memory lane!! I wish I had really enjoyed my time in Provo more than I think I did.
hope you're all doing well now!
I'm glad you guys had a safe trip...except for the throwing up part. That so hard when they are sick! We are glad that you made it back safe =O)
Post a Comment