Thursday, January 31, 2008

It is finished!

The bathroom is now a happy place to be once more. Kai gets it now. Thanks to inspiration from a loving Heavenly parent through promptings and the bolstering from dear friends, I think I can safely say Kai is potty trained! Yay! Oh, I'm sure we'll have accidents in the future, but don't they all? I was in tears on Sunday, so frustrated with Kai's being rude to me in the whole process, and tired of well meaning people telling me maybe he wasn't ready (in their defense they were trying to help me. I can't fault them for that), but I had made it a matter of prayer and I knew that he was ready and that now would be the right time.

Well, Monday after the start of the day was a little rocky, I just had Kai give me a big hug, and we agreed to just "be nice" to each other. It was almost one of those magical sitcom moments where we had both learned our lesson and you could tell things were going to get better from then on. And you know what? Things got so much better that now I am confidently write this blog post about our joyous announcement of Potty Training-ness... if that's what it's called...

Anywho, that' been my week pretty much. We did make it to the YMCA as a family on Tuesday night! Kai even went pee on the potty there before we exercised. Good for you Kai! Oh, and I highly recommend creating a budget for all my friends. Jasper and I finally made one together for the month of January and when the month is over (tomorrow) we'll review last months expenditures and create another budget for February. Woo hoo! Sounds like so much fun, I know. *authors' note: you have to make yourself smile when you say stuff like that, or you'll never convince yourself that its' true!* I know I'm a nerd, but that's what happens when you don't know how to be anything but a nerd. :)

No comments: