Thursday, February 5, 2009
Piano Lessons
I've begun giving Kai little 5-10 minutes lessons on the piano whenever he seems interested. He even tells me he's going to "teach a piano lesson," or asks me to teach him a piano lesson when he's in the mood. It's so cute. He totally improved from the last one we had together. I play the accompaniment and he holds out the whole note for the four counts, even with me playing four quarter notes underneath. (Sorry, all my non-musically inclined friends). We'll see how he does switching his little thumbs back and forth while playing middle C--which he showed me before I even got to it on the page we reviewed today. I hope this lasts for a LONG time! At least until we feel like we can afford to pay for lessons from someone else should he lose interest with me. Let's hope not. Teaching piano can be one of the most fulfilling things, and teaching it to you child is even MORE gratifying. (I must be pregnant--I'm tearing up.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kai is such a little sweetie!! I missed chatting with you on Sunday, but I will see you soon I'm sure. Hope you are feeling good.
Post a Comment